Wednesday, January 20, 2010

juice box and ponytails

Couple of nights ago my husband ask me to come with him to this new Cross Fit class he just joined.


His point was to take me so I can see how it works and then, maybe, I could join too. The class was to begin at 8:00 so when I got home I made dinner for the kids, pizza, which I had to take with us because time was upon us. So here we go…the whole family to daddy’s first day at Cross Fit. For some reason I wasn’t so sure about going, the idea of the kids seating down quietly while he worked out did not convince me. Somehow he was cool about it, he said they will love it, it was going to be a short class anyways since it was the first day and we could seat away from the crowd just watching. So we got to the warehouse, everybody wearing the fashion workout attires and we got to talked to the trainers to be,  who, by the way, where extremely, obsessively fit, model type looking people, with perfect arms, legs, back, hair and I’m pretty sure that underneath the slim fit t-shits were perfect abs as well. 
Just so you can get a mental picture, I was wearing the same outfit I was in the morning, with fading make up on my face, a horrible badly done ponytail, one juice box in the left back pocket of my jeans, Freddy’s cell phone on the right, my cell phone on the front left pocket, and my one year old daughter hanging from my right hip (wearing her lovely hearts and rainbows pajamas) and of course don’t forget about my 3 year old on the opposite hand. Everybody looked at me like if I was some sort of alien!!

It turned out that the first class was in a Box (a closet like room) where they were going to play a video and we all had to pile up and be quiet!!!!! Quiet!!!! QUIET!!!! During the first two minutes you could hear my daughter’s cough more than you could hear the video, and also my repetitive son asking for milk and his blanky ……I can still hear him…trapo, trapo, trapo, leche, leche, leche!!!!!!! It was then and there where I’ve decided that it was time to go out of the room. So I took the kids to our Minivan in the parking lot, put some Elmo on and gave them the pizza they should had eaten an hour ago and patiently waited and hour until class was done.





1 comment:

  1. I love the title!! So funny!!!! Trapo, Trapo, leche, leche!!! Hahaahah! but so heart warming! LOVE LOVE the pics!

    ReplyDelete